All the winners from the annual NQ Master Builders Housing and Construction Awards
LAST night, the annual North Queensland Master Builders Housing and Construction Awards was held at the Ville Resort Casino.
An array of awards were presented to those at the forefront of building innovation, with entrants ranging from apprentices to trade contractors and small family businesses to the biggest names in the building and construction industry.
Local builder puts his family home on the market
Amalfi Coast meets North Queensland
Brace for flood of tenancy tips
Master Builders’ North Queensland regional manager Melissa Coulter noted the calibre of winners across the 43 categories.
“The quality of the winning homes and projects is second to none and once more showcases the skill, knowledge and attention to detail that can be delivered by the builders in our region,” Ms Coulter said.
“The homes and projects completed in our region over the past year have a positive impact on our community now and into the future and they are a testament to what our local builders are capable of.
“The quality of our winning homes is also second to none and epitomise what living in North Queensland is all about.”
A. Gabrielli Constructions was awarded the 2019 North Queensland Project of the Year for the Garbutt Depot Stage 2.
The judges recognised that communication had been key at the project with a manager, engineer and project team on site full-time.
“The multi-staged project for Ergon at its Garbutt depot required detailed programming and team communication from the builder to allow operations to continue throughout construction,” the judges said. “The breadth and scope of the project allowed A. Gabrielli Constructions to really engage with the client and practice their full range of skills.
“Skilful execution of the contract including the external site works, right down to the landscaping, proved the expert and proficient delivery of this project. A worthy recipient for Project of the Year.”
The winner of the 2019 North Queensland President’s Award was Emporio Property Group for the construction of a family home, The Kent. The judges acknowledged the careful consideration that had gone into the build.
“The first view of the Kent made us want to see what was behind the inviting front elevation. The home had instant appeal as it sat well on the block with a nice wide frontage,” the judges said. “The kitchen is at the centre of the home and looks out to a large outdoor area providing a picture window for a full view of the herb and vegetable garden.
“This home offers a clever layout with little wasted space and plenty of storage for a four-bedroom home with an ensuite to the main.
“Great value, perfect for a family, the Kent is a very deserving winner of the President’s Award.”
The North Queensland House of the Year went to Reeves Constructions for Cleveland Residence.
Other North Queensland winners
•Health Facilities up to $20 million: Pro-View Homes Pty Ltd for Medical Suite (Pimlico)
•Education Facilities up to $5 million:
A. Gabrielli Constructions Pty Ltd for Calvary Christian College Performing Arts (Mount
• Education Facilities $5 million —$10 million: W & F Constructions Pty Ltd for Ryan Catholic College: Stage 3, Library & science (Kirwan)
• Sporting Facilities: Transcape Enterprises Pty Ltd for Elliot Springs District Park, Waddi Mooli Park (Julago)
• Community Service Facilities: Jackson Semler Pty Ltd for Local Disaster co-ordination Centre (Garbutt)
etail Facilities up to $5 million: C.D. Lewty Pty Ltd T/A C.D Lewty And Sons for Dal Santo’s Deli (Ayr)
• Tourism and Leisure Facilities up to $10 million: NAC Ceiling & Partitions Pty Ltd for The Ville Hotel & Casino VIP Room
• Commercial Building up to $5 million: Taylor Builders Pty Ltd T/A Taylor Homes for Mac Advertising Offices (Townsville)
• Industrial Building up to $5 million: W & F Constructions Pty Ltd for Richmond QFES Station (Richmond)
• Industrial Building over $5 million: A. Gabrielli Constructions Pty Ltd for Ergon Energy Garbutt Depot Stage 2 (Garbutt)
• Community Accommodation for Aged Care and Nursing Homes: T F Woollam & Son Pty Ltd T/A Woollam Constructions for
PresCare Townsville (Douglas)
• Refurbishment/Renovation up to $750,000: Murphy’s Construction & Maintenance Pty Ltd for Page & Pearce (Mysterton)
• Refurbishment/Renovation over $750,000: A. Gabrielli Constructions Pty Ltd
for GHD Townsville Office (Townsville)
xcellence in Energy Efficiency and Environmental Management: Roofguard Roof Restoration Pty Ltd T/A Roofguard Roof
Painting for Princeton Villas (Kirwan)
• Home Renovation/Remodelling Project
up to $275,000: Corinthian Constructions Pty Ltd for Lemonwood (Douglas)
• Home Renovation/Remodelling Project $276,000 —$575,000: Paul Justin Shafer
T/A Broadscope Carpentry Services for Stanton
Renovation (North Ward)
ome Renovation/Remodelling Project $576,000 —$1 million: Lifestyle Constructions NQ Pty Ltd Alexandra (North Ward)
• Home Renovation/Remodelling Project over $1
million: Reeves Constructions (QLD) Pty Ltd for Cleveland Residence (North
• Display Home $251,000 —$350,000: Emporio Property Group Pty Ltd for The Kent (Jensen)
• Display Home $351,000 —$450,000:
Pro-View Homes Pty Ltd for The Miraz (Julago)
• Display Home over $551,000: Martin Locke Homes Pty Ltd T/A Martin Locke Homes for Family 310 (Julago)
• Individual Home up to $250,000: Reef Coast Constructions Pty Ltd for Acheron 163 (Oonoonba)
• Individual Home $251,000 —$350,000:
Pro-View Homes Pty Ltd for Margaret (Ayr)
• Individual Home $451,000 —$550,000: Pro-View Homes Pty Ltd for Litchfield (Alligator Creek)
• Individual Home $551,000 —$650,000:
Kiall Robert Franzmann T/A Franzmann Constructions for Modern Heritage (Alligator
ndividual Home $651,000 —$750,000:
Pro-View Homes Pty Ltd for The Chandon (Yarrawonga)
• Individual Home $1.26 million —$2 million: Sinclair Parsons Building Solutions Pty Ltd for Nelly Bay (Nelly Bay)
• Best Use of Sloping Sites: Lifestyle Constructions NQ Pty Ltd for Seaview (Yarrawonga)
• Medium Density up to 3 Storeys — 2 to 5 Dwellings: Taylor Builders Pty Ltd T/A Taylor Homes for Betts Units (Hughenden)
• Medium Density up to 3 storeys — over 5 Dwellings: Taylor Builders Pty Ltd T/A Taylor Homes for Simpson Units (Richmond)
• Best Residential Bathroom: Reeves Constructions (QLD) Pty Ltd for Cleveland Residence (North Ward)
• Best Residential Kitchen: Reeves Constructions (QLD) Pty Ltd for Cleveland Residence (North Ward)
• Best Residential Swimming Pool: Anthony Maxwell Hartigan T/A Sun City Pools for The River (West End)
• Residential Trade Contractor of the Year: Paul Joseph Mifsud for Simpson Kitchen (Charters Towers)
• Trevor Mustey Perpetual Award for Quality Workmanship: Reeves Constructions (QLD) Pty Ltd
• Apprentice of the Year: David Beresford for Torgas (Pimlico)
• Rising Star: Paul Justin Shafer for Paul J Shafer T/A Broadscope Carpentry Services (Hermit Park)
• Women in Building: Deni Knuth for Roofguard Roof Restoration Pty Ltd T/A Roofguard Roof Painting (Mt Low)