Guy Sebastian puts finishing touches on controversial multimillion-dollar Maroubra home

0

- Advertisement -

The nightmare appears to be finally over for Guy Sebastian’s neighbours as The Voice judge’s two-and-a-half year mammoth construction project ends and the family of four moves in.

While workmen are still coming and going from the grand Maroubra compound, an open garage shows children’s play equipment, a slick black boat and gig equipment sitting in the driveway.

Guy Sebastian’s new Sydney home is complete. Picture: Kirsten Craze

Jules Sebastian, a fashion stylist, presenter and founder of The Sebastian Foundation, and the pair’s two sons, Hudson and Archie, have also been spotted pulling up the front and going into the home.

Since the couple dropped $3.1 million on the eastern suburbs pad back in 2013 and then began works in 2016, the site has attracted plenty of attention for all the wrong reasons.

Singer and songwriter Guy Sebastian with his wife Jules Sebastian at Parramatta Park.

View this post on Instagram

Starting to take shape! @joesnelldesign you are an artist. @profile_property_group

A post shared by guysebastian (@guysebastian) on Aug 3, 2018 at 9:19pm PDT

Locals have been vocal about the ongoing construction with one former neighbour saying he was selling up after an exterior wall to his house was damaged during the extended works.

The unidentified man told media in 2017 that Guy’s concrete bunker wasn’t a house, but “a fortress” and further described the L-shaped 1341sq m site as a “demolition nightmare”.

The exterior of Guy Sebastian’s new Sydney home. Picture: Kirsten Craze

Sebastian opened up at the time on Hit105’s Stav, Abby and Matt show about his “angry” neighbour.

“I’ve got one of those neighbours and he’s a bit filthy at everyone,” he explained on air.

“He’s one of those guys on the street that sits out the front screwing his eyes up at everyone,” Sebastian said.

The home caused some controversies during construction. Picture: Jake Breed

By early December the Australian Idol winner told The Kyle & Jackie O Show that the family was counting on finishing 2018 at the address.

“I reckon we’ll be in by New Year’s … I have faith!” he said, however construction continued.

The Sebastians purchased the five-bedroom home at auction, but later chose to bulldoze the original house to make way for their contemporary dream home.

Guy and Jules Sebastian’s new build is now complete. Picture: Jonathan Ng

The former home in Maroubra before the Sebastians knocked it down.

On the original block there had been a pool and tennis court and it is believed the new Sebastian compound with still have those family-friendly features as well as ocean views.

Before buying in Maroubra, the musician and his wife had been living in another beachside neighbourhood in Sydney’s east.

They sold that four-bedroom Clovelly residence under the hammer in 2013 for $2.22 million.

View this post on Instagram

Could think of worse places to do the washing up!

A post shared by Jules Sebastian (@julessebastian) on Jan 17, 2018 at 1:38am PST

But Maroubra isn’t the only coastal spot the Sebastians have to retreat to.

Prior to offloading their Clovelly home, the high-profile pair bought a waterfront holiday house in Gerroa on the NSW South Coast.

That four-bedroom house, which overlooks Seven Mile Beach, cost the couple $1.015 million before they also renovated it.

Seven Mile Beach Gerroa where the Sebastians also own property. Picture: Kim Ihnatko

SIGN UP FOR THE LATEST REAL ESTATE NEWSLETTER HERE

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.